Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wandering Around

I am traveling for work, as a matter of fact I am writing this from my hotel room.  It has been a while since I have traveled this trip has been a great learning experience. The conference I have been attending is great and I have met a lot of great people.

I have learned that I am not a real big fan of trying to do real work on my netbook. I like it for small things, but if you have to do a lot of work, it really is just too small.

I have learned to always travel with an umbrella, it has been raining for 2 days here and no end until tomorrow sometime (maybe). Today I walked about 15 blocks in the rain and was pretty much soaked by the time I got to the conference.

I learned not to give up watching TV for Lent if you are going out of town and will be sending your nights in a hotel room. You can only read the Guest Dervices Directory so many times before it is really sad.

So as you can see I have learned a lot, which brings me one of my favorite quotes of all times. I heard this a long time ago and it has stuck with me.

Not all those who wander are lost
J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment