Monday, March 22, 2010

Having it All like Jesse James

I think we have all wondered what it would be like to have it all. To not have to worry about money, house payment, food, will your children have what they need and life in general would be great. Or would it? Lately you can’t pick up the newspaper without reading something about Jesse James or Tiger Woods and how they have pretty much screwed up their lives. What really bothers me is that most people look at them and think they had it all, they reach the top, and they should be looked up to.

Well, apparently not! Why in the world would anyone lookup to someone who can’t honest with the one person on earth they should be (their spouse in case you did not know who I was talking about).  Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t care if Jesse is a Nazi or if Tiger has some kind of illness that makes him unable to be faithful, they are just guys. Just like you and I only they found a way to make some money.  There is nothing special about them in any way that would make me think I should be like them or better yet that my children should be like them.

We need to change the way we think about "having it all" because if that is what having it all means, I say no thanks. 

That's the key to having it all: stop expecting it to look like what you thought it was going to look like. 
Cindy Chupack

No comments:

Post a Comment