Monday, April 18, 2011

Introducing the New and Improved.....Me.

Ok, a little confession to start the ball rolling, I gave up watching TV for Lent and failed. Yes that is right I was unable to go 40 days (or so) without watching TV. But as I sit here thinking about it I can tell you that while I was not watching TV I got more things done. I explore more ideas in my head (I should apologize for some of them).

I am sure that I am like most people and have a long list of things I want to do, a list of things I need to do and a short list of things I actually get around to doing. I need to change that around. I need to get more things off my list, as I am not getting any younger. I turned 50 last year and when I look at what I have left to do on my list I start to get a panic feeling like I am late for the bus back in school.

So with that said, I believe it is time to "Re". Reinvent, refocus, reinvest, redirect and repossess my life. I need to start thinking of what is really important and stop wasting time doing what is not important. Spend more time talking to my loved ones instead of just hoping they know I love them. Spend more time on projects that are going to better the lives of those around me, instead of just mine.

Maybe if I refocus my attention to others around me, I will reinvent myself. I wonder what ME 2.0 will be like? Will I still like comics, space movies, comedies....  I don't know but I am kind of getting excited about what new adventures might come my way. My only hope is that the new me, weights less than the old me.

The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning. 
Mitch Albom


No comments:

Post a Comment