Thursday, April 7, 2011

Brings Me Back

Ok, they say you never forget your first and I am here to tell you that is true. I remember my first as if it was yesterday. I remember watching her for a long time and wondering how I was going to get closer to her. She seemed so far off like she did not even know who I was.

I spent months planning the right thing to say, to be in the right place at the right time and practiced in front of a mirror. I still remember how she looked and wondering what it would feel like having her in my life full time. We would talk to each other, learn to love each other and basically complete each other's life.

It took a long time but like most boys I finally got up the nerve and moved forward on my quest. I can not tell you the trill of being alone for the first time. The lights were down low, the room was quiet except for the sound of my beating heart. I reached out and for the first time I touched her and she responded to me. I was scared but determined to keep going I pushed the enter key. Thats right I am talking about my first computer which was a Commodore Vic 20 (little brother to the Commodore 64).

I just read today that they are coming out with a new version of the Commodore 64 that looks like the old model but has a new high tech computer in it. This is great, same look and feel but with a new insides.

I may have to buy one, if I can get my current love to let me have one of my old loves back.

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past
Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment