Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A whole new you.

I am married. I state that up front so you will understand what I am going to say next. As a married man I try and give my wife what she whats (yes that is what all husbands do - right?). So this year when I asked her what she wanted for Christmas she stated that she wanted to not only continue to go to a personal trainer (she has lost a lot of weight and looks wonderful) but that she now wants me to start going with her as well.

You can imaging my horror at hearing that she wanted me to get up at 5am in the morning and spend the first 1-2 hours of the day working out in a gym. So now the rubber hits the road. How do I try and give her what she wants and still avoid working out.

Well after much thought and encouragement from friends and family I decided to agree to a personal trainer. So we are starting another adventure. This will be the year of ME 2.0. I hope to lose a lot of weight, improve my back so that it will stop hurting and in general make life better.

There are several factors that have help me make this decision however the two at the top of the list are when your wife, who you love very much, asks that you get healthier so you will be around a while you kind of have to change your ways and second is when you hold your grandchild in your arms you think that you want to be around for more of this.

So we have already been twice and I have lost 1.5 pounds, so the race begins. I am not looking at this as a New Years Resolution, as they seem to be too easier to drop, this has got to be a major change in my life to have any long lasting affect. So wish me well.

It is not necessary to change.  Survival is not mandatory.  
W. Edwards Deming

No comments:

Post a Comment